Ironman Mont Tremblant

Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting It Done

I think all this running is paying off as I feel thinner then ever before although the scale would disagree.  I weighted in this morning at 172.6 pounds.  I stepped on the scale three times and got three different readings so I took the second reading. 

Yesterday's swim was an easy 1,600 meters and I wasn't tired at all.  I went to my parent's place and ran intervals in the afternoon.  I did 5 x 1,000 meters sprint at a 4:30 min\km pace.....I think, as my Polar is screwed up and not accurate.  Stupid Polar!  It was really enjoyable running into a 35 km\hr wind with gusts over 50 km\hr but sure made it easy to hit the pace with the wind behind my back.

After another late night meeting, I didn't get to bed until 10:30 pm last night but was up at 5:00 am and was riding (still inside).  I knew I was hungry and tired from lack of sleep so I actually ate a Cliff Power bar before I rode and drank Amino Vital during the ride.  Normally I wouldn't for such a short ride but I was bagged.  I did the usual drills of 6 x 2 minutes one legged drills, 12 minutes riding out of the saddle and 6 x 1 minute all out sprints which as usual weren't all that out.  Hmmmmm I wonder if a Powertap would help?

Tomorrow's run is 3 hours and 45 minutes.  This is going to hurt.........

1 comment:

  1. whoa thats a long run tomorrow - crazy!!!

    I have no doubt a powertap would be nice, its certainly more accurate that PE.

    Way to get out there in that wind! its been crazy lately.

    Its how you feel, not what the scale says. Otherwise, yeh you're a fatty but u hid it so well! :) hah! You're not that short so I'm pretty sure thats a proper weight for someone with as much muscle build as you.

    ReplyDelete