Ironman Mont Tremblant

Friday, April 15, 2011

I Am (Not) Going To Kona

Today was the draw for the World Championship at Kona.  (Un)Fortunately, I did not win.   I'm not sure how I'd feel if I "won" seeing I've never done a full Ironman.   I'd be embarrassed to tell people I "won" an entry spot considering how hard some people train to qualify to get to Kona.

Yesterday at swimming we were using flippers for half the session.  It was something different and a lot of fun.  On the first lap, I swam the entire length underwater with the flippers.  Serge yelled at us as we all did the drills wrong but still it was a lot of fun

This morning's bike totally sucked as I woke up at 4:30 am and debated on whether to bail or not.  I had a late meeting the night before and was exhausted.  I'm still riding inside and just continuing with the drills from last month except I had nothing left in the tank to do the six all out sprints after the one legged drills and out of the saddle riding.  Maybe I was still tired from Thursday afternoon hill training.  I went to my parent's house and ran in the afternoon around the old hood.  It was a great day to run but by the time I got to the sixth and seventh hill repeat, I almost puked....almost.  You know when you've had a good workout when you start coughing and can taste the bile in your mouth...........

Tomorrow's run is for 3:15 so I'm carb loading (beer) and its supposed to be windy, cold and pouring rain.  I AM NOT HAPPY! This going to be just miserable.

Sorry, could someone tell me why I'm doing all this shit?

1 comment:

  1. As much as I really really really wanted to enter the lottery, I decided that I want to finish an Ironman first and see how I do. If my performance indicates I am within a few years reach of qualifying then I might try. Otherwise I'll resort to the lottery :)

    ReplyDelete