Ironman Mont Tremblant

Monday, April 4, 2011

I Got Lucky This Morning

Well not in that sense!  But the weather was predicting 90% rain/snow with winds up to 40 km\hr.  When I woke up at 4:45 am I could hear the rain pounding on the window and seeing that I don't have a treadmill or belong to a gym, I really really didn't want to run outside in that crap.  Fortuenantly, by the time I was reading to head out the door at 5:30 am the rain had stopped and for the entire run it hardly rained!  Bonus!

This morning's run was about speed work.  After the warm up, I was supposed to run at zone three/four (150 - 165 bps) for 15 minutes twice followed by four one minute all out sprints.   Running at zone three/four isn't a problem but the speed work was as I totally died after the second one and my "all out sprint" turned into a slow jog by the last one.  I'll use the excuse that my body is still recovery from Around The Bay two weeks ago because Saturday's one hour run was pretty crap.  I died at the end and was exhausted all day.  In fact, I had to take a nap both Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  I love taking naps but its been a while since I've had to take one nap, let alone two naps.  My naps are usually 15-20 minutes long and I wake up totally refreshed.  Well worth it as the irratiblity drops considerably.

Other than that, not much else is going on.

1 comment:

  1. I got lucky this morning too. And yesterday morning. Twice. With the same woman I might add...

    I'm pretty sure its post ATB fatigue still. I'm feeling it a bit too. It blows my mind how much a running race takes out of your body! Wow. I recover much faster from bike races.

    Oh and you are right about Mrs LoTC doing too much too soon. She's lucky she didnt' injure herself.

    ReplyDelete