Ironman Mont Tremblant

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Suck It Up Buttercup

As so quaintly put by Scobie in reference to my "fretting" of which IM course to get killed on.   And he's right.  At the end of the day, 140.6 miles is 140.6 miles.  There is no hiding that there is going to be a lot of suffering regardless of which course I do.

Right now, although Coach is saying to do IMLP, but I think IMMT might be a better venue as it would be more family friendly (in case you don't know, I have a 7.5 year old, 5.5 year old and an almost 4 year old). 

Also it appears that several fellow bloggers are thinking about IMMT.  Misery loves company as I always say.  Most of them have young families around the same age so they could hang out together for the day. 

On the injury front, my shin splints have almost healed but I can still barely walk as there is another problem with the bottom of my foot

Metatarsalgia

With this common foot condition, one or more of the metatarsal heads become painful and/or inflamed, usually due to excessive pressure over a long period of time. It is common to experience acute, recurrent, or chronic pain with metatarsalgia. Ball-of-foot pain is often caused from improper fitting footwear, most frequently by dress shoes and other restrictive footwear. Footwear with a narrow toe box (toe area) forces the ball-of-foot area to be forced into a minimal amount of space. This can inhibit the walking process and lead to extreme discomfort in the forefoot.



Marathon training sure takes a toll on the body.

Muskoka Long Course (June 26th) is highly doubtful.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you listened. Now, while I've got your attention, I need a new bike...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap man. I thought I was the only one getting crapped on with random injuries. Well, keep your head up and be patient.

    I know as long as you are biking and swimming you should be fine with the run. I am confident I could run the 26.2 without the proper training for it, it would just hurt pretty dang bad.

    Remember be smart, don't push things... my biggest fear is to push the run too soon and just throw away the past 4 weeks of recovery.

    IMMT looks gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marathons are brutal on the body - I dont think I ever want to do one! Ouch!

    Heal up! Take your time, dont rush anything trying to do Muskoka Long. Save yourself for Muskoka!

    If I am not injured after IMLP, I will likely do muskoka if it is not full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heal up dude and we'll see you in Sep at Muskoka. Go for IMMT (insert evil laugh here)...

    ReplyDelete