Ironman Mont Tremblant

Monday, November 28, 2011

What Is Going On?

Just a quick update to let you know what is going on....nothing. 

A while ago, I bought a trainer tire and started using it when I rode my trainer (obviously).  Well it was a real PITA to put on but the next morning, it was flat so I struggled for another 30 minutes taking the tire off, changing the inner tube and putting the tire back on.  A couple of days ago, I got another flat so yesterday I took off the trainer tire and threw it in the corner.  I had an old tire from a couple of years ago and I'm just going to use that and ride it until there is no tread on it.

I'm using Saturday as my long ride and this week I really struggled to finish.  Normally I'll ride for about 90-100 minutes looking to burn about 1,200-1,500 calories however this Saturday, it took me 105 minutes to burn 1,000 calories.  It was a brutal ride.  I wasn't feeling all that great and probably a little tired from Friday's ride.  This morning, I rode for 65 minutes and burned 955 calories (I was pissed off).

On the running front....no runs.  My foot is still sore but I've been using a wooden roller on the bottom of my foot and it hurts like hell but its getting better.  I've started to stretch my calves more and started doing some calf raises and I think its helping.  I'll try and run this week and if it still hurts then I'll go see a doctor.

One the dieting front, just two words.....oink oink.  On Thursday morning, I hit my max weight, 180 pounds up from my race weight of 170 pounds.  I was going to buy some new suits (I wear one everyday) but a couple of years ago, I bought a new one on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas where everything is on sale) and by June it was too big.  I've also noticed my current suits are starting to get a little tight, so we are back to counting calories.  That means weighing, measuring and recording everything I eat (well almost).  The goal is to keep the calories down to about 1,800 per day while burning over 2,500 calories (including workouts).  The first thing I noticed is my serving size has gotten a lot bigger.  The plate seems much more empty when I measure everything.  The second thing I noticed is that I'M STARVING ALMOST ALL THE TIME!!!  What does it say if I finish eating a meal and I'm still hungry?

The goal is to get down to 175 the end of the month.  Yea that should be fun with all the holidays coming up.


 

2 comments:

  1. Weird about the flats, how annoying!

    I'm just running a regular tire - I'll run it until it's bald.

    Good luck getting through the holidays! I'm same as you, hovering a little under/at 180 but should be closer to 170 with race weight being slightly under that.

    Plenty of time to lose that weight, just dont go overboard on the holidays! Last year I bought clothes around xmas and still slimmed out alot more by the summer and had to re-buy all my clothes. Hold off if you can!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHA! my comment FINALLY posted!!!!!!!!

    I've tried so many times and it errors out. I think it was the auto-login issue.

    ReplyDelete