Ironman Mont Tremblant

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bagged!

Its a good thing I'm on a recovery week.



On Tuesday I swam with Masters at 5:30 am and it was actually a longer swim than usual .  The workout was supposed to be 3,000 meters but I didn't finish but I think I bailed around 2,400 meters.  After work I played my usual Tuesday night hockey at 5:30 pm where I was standing in front of the goalie trying to screen him. My defenseman took a big slap shot from the point.  I jumped but the puck still nailed me in the foot.  Crap that hurt!  After hockey I showered and got dressed in record time as I had a evening meeting back at work for 7:00 pm.  By the time I got home and to bed it was around 10:00 pm.

I was totally bagged but still woke up at 4:30 am simply because I couldn't sleep.  My foot was a little sore and I was slightly limping.  Good thing I don't have to run because I hurt my calf!  I did my 45 minute recovery ride and 20 minutes of core and stretching.  By that time it was 7:00 am so I headed upstairs and helped get the kids breakfast.  I had my breakfast and then went upstairs to shower.  I got dressed and then laid down with my suit on.  It was 8:15 am.  When I woke up 30 minutes later, Tammy had taken Vanessa and Jake to the bus stop and then went to the gym.  I got into work a little later than usual.

2 comments:

  1. Its amazing how triathletes do more on recover weeks than "normal" people do during regular weeks... even when bagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya...

    definate heavy lids today at the office

    ReplyDelete