Ironman Mont Tremblant

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'm Sick



Someone shoot me because this is exactly how I feel.  Last week was a recovery week and at Thursday morning swim, I felt a little "off."  This continued throughout the day and I bailed from Thursday night's run.  Friday was a recovery day but I didn't recover.  I ended up skipping Saturday's short brick (90 minutes), Sunday's long run, and Monday's brick.  But by Tuesday, I felt ok so I swam and ran in the afternoon.  Yesterday's 90 minute ride was accomplished but I struggled to hit the numbers.  I felt that cold sick feeling coming on.  Last night, I woke up at 1:30 am and was absolutely freezing cold.  I went downstairs to get some aspirin.  It took a while for it to kick in but today I found out I was taking the kid's aspirin.  Two tablets were good for a 50 pound kid.

There was no way I could go swimming and just felt horrible.  One thing about kids, is that they have learned how to share.  Everything.  Last week, Tammy had a sinus infection and Vanessa was sick.  This week its Rebecca, Jake and I that are sick.  Its been a long time since I've been this sick.  And I realized that we didn't get the flu shot.  Damn!!  I'm not sure if we have the flu but right know running down the driveway would be system overload.

On the good news front, it looks like I'm finally going to get my Polar watch band fixed.  I sent an email regarding feedback to Polar and their poor service.  My watch band has been on the verge of breaking since December (hockey tape is holding it together).  There are only two authorized repair stores in the Toronto area (population 3-4 million or so).  Both are super high end watch dealers (looking for a $10,000 watch?).  I've contacted them several times and they send they are waiting on parts from Montreal head office (four months?).  Someone at Polar forwarded my email to Polar Canada and they promised to fix my watch band in a hurry.  They would email an UPS shipping label and courier the watch to Montreal, fix the watch and then send it back to me the same day.  Perfect timing as I'm sick as a dog.

Now if they would only send me the shipping label.  I've been waiting 24 hours for their email.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I am got sick last night too. Sore throat, headache, and congestion. So I feel your pain. Of course, the first thing we think about is how its impacting our training!!! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete