Ironman Mont Tremblant

Thursday, June 20, 2013

What Is Going On???

Its been a crazy busy last month with work and family issues. The training has been getting done but I think my longest week was only 10 hours.




Mont Tremblant 70.3 is this Sunday. Word has it, the water temperature has warmed up to 15 C (59 F). A couple of weeks ago, a sprint/Olympic triathlon were converted to a Duathlon because the water temperature was 11 C (51 F)



Going into this race, the swim is going to be chilly (a mild understatement), could be thunderstorms that day so it should make it interesting going down the 117 hill. The run is going to be a wildcard as not only did I rip my calf muscle twice (different spots but same leg), I also hurt my Achilles. My long run was only 16 km but should be good enough. I didn't do enough short runs.



Stay tune for the race report



1 comment:

  1. 10 hours, that's double than my longest training week :(.

    Miha's really scared about the cold water. She's right now on her way to Running Room to buy a neoprene swim cap.

    Good luck on Sunday and hopefully we'll get a chance to meet after the race. I am staying at a condo on Chemin des Quatre Sommets, about 800m from the transition area.

    ReplyDelete